Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Milk, please!

This past weekend was a beautiful one. Well, Saturday at least - before the rain hit on Sunday. While the husband was outside, tinkering away on his new purchase - a large smoker - I was in the house craving chocolate. I figured the perfect solution was to make a small batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies. I managed to find a recipe that claims to be low-cal/low-fat, but I'm not a genius to figure out if this is true or not. Regardless, they were some of the best CC cookies I've ever tasted. Crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside! Yum!

I cut the recipe in half (made 9 cookies)...and we ate them all in a matter of minutes! ** Yes, we're OINKERS! **



Low-Cal Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup margarine, softened (I used butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg white
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular-sized chips work, too)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix sugars, margarine (butter), vanilla, and egg white in a large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet(s).
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool slightly (5 minutes), remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.


No comments: