Sunday, July 15, 2007

Going Back to my Roots

After growing up near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, you really gain a nitch for certain food preparations. One of these being: Beer Brats. Whether you were at a Packer game or Brewers game, a tailgate is not considered complete without beer brats. I got to thinking one day, how can I make these without the grill? I decided to combine a few favorites of my husband into one great meal - by making beer brats in a crock-pot! They turned out great and tasted phenomenal!


Amanda's Crockpot Beer Brats

1 pkg. brats (the flavor is your choice, we used original)
2-3 cans of beer
1 whole onion, halved, then sliced into large pieces
1 pkg. brat buns

Lightly brown the brats in a skillet before loosely placing them into the crockpot. Add the beer to fully submerge the brats. Spread the onion on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.





No comments: